- 3 days self-guided, shuttled, enduro-style riding and 2 nights camping
- 95% singletrack and some double-track and dirt roads in Colorado’s San Juan Mountains. Approximately 15,000’ of descending over 3 days!
- This tour is appropriate for advanced riders with accomplished technical skills and good fitness. This trip is for the very serious mountain biker. WATCH VIDEO
- Includes daily gear transport, Ready Camp Kitchen gear and setup, water and firewood
- Trip starts and ends in Durango, CO
- Total group size limited to (13) per trip
- Price: $350 per person
TOUR DESCRIPTION (Passage Map)
The San Juan Mountains in SW Colorado are some of the most beautiful and rugged peaks anywhere, and for mountain bikers, Durango and Telluride represent the two most amazing base camps for great riding. On this trip we’ll shuttle high up in the mountains to ride some of the biggest, iconic descents in the area totaling almost 15,000’ of descending over 3 days. There IS CLIMBING on this trip; it’s not all downhill, so keep that in mind.
We created this trip for those who don’t want a guide, don’t want to be supported during the week and generally just want their own self-serve adventure with a bit of logistical assistance. Each day we relocate a very deluxe camp setup (provided by Ready Camp) of (2) 10×10 canopies, full kitchen, dry firewood, camp chairs, fresh water, coolers of food and beverages (you purchase prior to trip) and all your personal gear like tents, bags and clothing. You can go as cheap or deluxe as you want on food, beverages and amenities!!
Receive Full Itinerary
Our first day we’ll meet at 7:00am at Pedal the Peaks bike shop in Durango, CO. After loading up for the weekend we’ll shuttle up to Kennebec Pass for our first ride: Sharkstooth/Bear Creek. This ride defines “backcountry”…
Day Two is the monster out of Telluride: Wasatch Trail to Bear Creek Trail (different Bear Creek from day one). Even the shuttle on this ride is a monster as we switchback up the road to Bridal Veil Falls. Joining the Wasatch Trail…
Day Three we’ll get up early and pack up for a shuttle back to the Durango area for our final shuttle: Kennebec Pass to Durango on the Colorado Trail. This is considered a “bucket list” ride by many all over the world…
What’s Included in My Trip?
- Shuttle Van and driver
- Luggage, gear and cooler/food relocation
- Ready Camp kitchen and general gear
- Alcoholic Beverages – we can haul and keep them cold though!
- Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Weather Control – Mother Nature has a mind of her own